The new year is upon us and it's a great time to review the effectiveness of your website. Here are a few questions to ask yourself about your current site:
1) Does your website reflect your brand?
The first impressions visitors have can often be the difference in earning a potential customer or losing them to a competitor. Does your site align with your brand? Does it reflect the ambiance and vibe of your business?
Customers should feel like they have just walked into your business when they visit your site. If your business has a fun, contemporary culture, yet your website is anything but, it creates a major disconnect.
2) Is your website easy to navigate? One of the first things I suggest to clients is go to their website and act like they are a potential customer. Is it easy to find exactly what you are looking for without having to navigate through multiple pages? It's a common issue: a dozen menu options in the navigation bar and a layout that's like trying to solve a Rubik's Cube. Some people believe that they need to provide as many options as possible for users, but doing so overwhelms visitors and creates a negative user experience. When prospects visit your website, they should intuitively understand where to click, how to learn about your business, and place an order or take the action you want them to. Keep it simple!
3) Is your site mobile friendly?
Mobile website traffic makes up almost 60% of web visits. If your site isn’t compatible with mobile devices, you’re missing out on all those potential visitors. Even if you consider your website to be mobile friendly because it’s responsive when viewed on multiple devices, that isn’t enough for some companies these days. Mobile-first websites load faster, and search engines gauge their search results from a mobile standpoint not desktop. If you offer online ordering it's even more crucial to have a mobile friendly site. Think of all the customers who might place a take out order on their way home from work or their kids baseball practice!
4) Is it easy to make edits? If you struggle to update the content on your site because it’s built on a challenging template, or there’s no Content Management System (CMS) or it just always seems to be a hassle to get something simple changed, you may want to redesign the site to save your own team time and money. If your site is easy to update, you are also likely to add fresh content more often. Consistent, quality content boosts your website on search engines and gives users reasons to return time and again.
5) Is your site ADA compliant? The Americans with Disabilities Act Standards for Accessible Design was passed into law in 2010 and requires that websites maintain a reasonable level of accessibility to ensure that anyone with disabilities can navigate and enjoy your website. For example, there are tools like website readers that can help with website navigation for those that are blind. ADA compliance is a law. If your website falls short of a reasonable level of accessibility, you could face legal action. If you answered no to any of these questions don't stress! SiteTeam is ready to help. Our website services include:
Custom designed website that reflects your brand and mission
Mobile friendly and ADA compliant design to ensure all visitors have a great experience
Unlimited monthly edits made by our 24/7 service team
Commission free online ordering for restaurants!
You can use the link below to schedule a quick consultation to review your current website needs.